Michael wears multiple hat. He is not only the Head of Sales and Marketing at Dribbble. He is also the president at Crew and co-host of Rocketship.fm.
He started the career with a move to LA in order to pursue a career in the music industry. However, he quickly had to turn to other options. After teaching himself a bit of code and making a few websites, he ended up launching his own agency – Tiny Factory. While running that company, the team began to build some of their first products.
Sacca then joined a startup called Crew to help establish partnerships. He has recently taken on the role of president to help lead the company to new heights in 2017.
- How often a team should conduct customer interview and the difference between customer interview and sales call (4:18)
- The breakdown of a customer interview from data gathering, to preparation, to interview (7:05)
- The dynamic customer interview practice towards the scenario that when there's no problem space (17:48)
- How the key performance indicator (KPI) changes from business to business and what the wrong KPIs are (19:28)
- The persona construction process and the components that comprise it (22:36)
- How the persona changes from time to time and how Product Manager should manage it (26:58)
- A real life example at Crew how a feature gets built from problem space to solution space (30:03)
- How goals are set with every feature build both qualitatively and quantitatively (34:03)
- How qualitative and quantitative data are gathered for the goals set (37:20)
- The real value Product Manager brings to team and the skillsets needed to enable that (40:37)
The stack of data gathering tools used in Crew for setting feature goals (37:49)
- Google Analytics
The recommended resources for further study in Product Management (45:07)
- Tree House
- This New Economy
- The Art of Product series on Rocketship.fm
- How to Make Sense of Any Mess: Information Architecture for Everybody
- Scaling Lean: Mastering the Key Metrics for Startup Growth
Connect with Michael