Martin started his career as a web designer and developer, decided he didn’t have enough talent at either but did have a real knack for translating it all for the business people. After working at several start ups in his native Stockholm, he has led product teams at Monster, the Financial Times, Huddle, and Covestor in London and Boston.
Martin founded ProductTank in 2010, now the world's largest product management community with over 50,000 members across meetups in 120+ cities.
Martin co-founded Mind the Product in 2011 where he now works as Chairman and Curator for the world's largest product management conferences, blog, and newsletter. He also serves as a consulting Chief Product Officer, advising startups and enterprises on how to build successful product teams and is the co-author of bestseller Product Leadership: How Top Product Managers Launch Great Products and Build Successful Teams (O'Reilly, May 2017), based on interviews with hundreds of product leaders from around the world.
- The origin of the internet and the first live stream in Europe (2:27)
- The heart of Product Management (4:08)
- The elements of the great product team (4:43)
- The five keys to product team success (10:16)
- How most organizations and the autonomous product teams setting goals differently in the process (17:56)
- The pricinpals to measure the success of product team (19:27)
- How to pick the right process for the team (21:35)
- The product leader movement and the rise of Product Management (29:08)
- How to get the most out of the Product Tank event (37:17)
The recommended resources for further study in Product Management (41:46)
- Mind The Product
- Product Tank
- Product Leadership
- What, exactly, is a Product Manager?
Connect with Martin